Delaware Community Coordinator
JOB DESCRIPTION: Delaware Community Coordinator
The Delaware Community Coordinator oversees the day-to-day activities related to local community engagement projects in Delaware and the surrounding area. The Coordinator leads the design, development, and implementation of projects and initiatives related to community engagement and prioritizing diversity, equity, and justice outcomes.
1. Coordinates day-to-day operations of local community projects in and around Delaware, with an emphasis on New Castle County:
· Leads 3 or more projects and activities in coordination with other PDE staff or external partner organizations.
· Oversees project timelines, assists with developing budgets, tracks deliverables, and monitors budgets and key metrics.
· Coordinates and facilitates engagement projects.
· Assists with grant proposals, contract management, and procedure adherence related to projects.
· Provide communications staff with relevant materials for PDE website and social media platforms.
· Coordinates fieldwork, volunteers, staff, and/or related meetings. Delegates work tasks to staff and volunteers as appropriate.
· Cultivates relationships and opportunities with partners that meet PDE’s engagement priorities.
· Leads project-level problem solving.
· Identifies project opportunities to position local engagement within the broader regional context.
· Potentially supervise specialists and/or interns.
· Identifies business opportunities to improve local PDE engagement.
2. Supports local community work by connecting it to initiatives throughout Delaware:
· Assists the Director of Engagement in coordinating and managing local engagement activities.
· Facilitates connections among local projects and regional efforts and goals.
· Fosters new and existing partnerships to advance the goals of the Delaware Estuary Program’s Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan.
· Serves as an ambassador for PDE and the Delaware Estuary Program.
· Performs other job-related tasks as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree from a college or university (in environmental education, environmental science, or a similar field) and 2 years of work experience; or 2-plus years of work experience in a related field such as community engagement or environmental education.
· Proficiency in project design, coordination, and implementation.
· Demonstrated commitment to and passion for engaging underrepresented communities.
· Strong organizational skills, multitasking ability, flexible mindset, and attention to detail.
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in teams.
· Demonstrated ability of problem solving, critical thinking, and decision making.
· Experience leading and working in a team environment with staff, partners, and volunteers.
· Experience organizing meetings, events, and/or conferences.
· Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Proficient in MS Office and Google Suite.
· Satisfactory background check.
· Valid United States driver’s license and ability to travel to external meetings/field work as needed.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Experience delivering public education programs.
· Experience in community organizing.
· Proficiency with digital design tools such as Canva.
· Familiarity with green stormwater infrastructure.
· Familiarity with native plants and gardening.
Time spent in this position will be split between being in an office setting, remote work, and in the community including external meetings. Occasionally, there will be tasks completed in a storage/warehouse facility or in field locations (outdoor, urban, or rural settings). Work hours may occasionally shift depending on task needs. Occasionally, there will be a need to work on a weekend day. Full time, non-exempt position.
110 S. Poplar St., Wilmington, DE 19801
The incumbent should be able to lift 40 pounds. The incumbent should be able to sit and stand for at least 4 hours at a time.
Reports to: Director of Engagement
SALARY AND COMPENSATION
Starting salary $46,000/yr. Eligible for full benefits package.
Closing Date: Until Filled
Email a resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position to email@example.com.Read More About this Job. Click to apply to this Job.